A Student’s Writing Guide
How to Plan and Write Successful Essays
امتیاز کتاب ۵ از ۵
نویسنده: Gordon Taylor
انتشارات: Cambridge University Press
تعداد صفحات ۲۷۹
نوع فایل PDF
حجم ۱ مگابایت
Are you struggling to meet your coursework deadlines? Finding it hard to get to grips with your essay topics? Does your writing sometimes lack structure and style? Would you like to improve your grades? This text covers everything a student needs to know about writing essays and papers in the humanities and social sciences.
Starting from the common difficulties students face, it gives practical examples of all the stages necessary to produce a good piece of academic work:
• interpreting assignment topics
• drawing on your own experience and background
• reading analytically and taking efficient notes
• developing your argument through introductions, middles and conclusions
• evaluating and using online resources
• understanding the conventions of academic culture
• honing your ideas into clear, vigorous English.
This book will provide you with all the tools and insights you need to write confident, convincing essays and coursework papers.